A new approach for using a quantum computer to realize a near-term “killer app” for the technology received first prize in the 2019 IBM Q Best Paper Award competition, the company announced. The paper was authored by UChicago and Argonne researchers on the Enabling Practical-Scale Quantum Computing (EPiQC) team and UChicago and CS graduate student Pranav Gokhale.
- Algorithmic warfare: Argonne National Lab testing quantum internet
- Choosy resource allocation improves energy efficiency in quantum communications
- We’re getting closer to the quantum internet, but what is it?
- Research shows evidence of broken time-reversal symmetry in superconducting UPt3
- Chicago Quantum Profile: Diana Franklin