A new approach for using a quantum computer to realize a near-term “killer app” for the technology received first prize in the 2019 IBM Q Best Paper Award competition, the company announced. The paper was authored by UChicago and Argonne researchers on the Enabling Practical-Scale Quantum Computing (EPiQC) team and UChicago and CS graduate student Pranav Gokhale.
- Startup QDIR uses quantum dots for infrared detectors
- Argonne receives two awards from DARPA for quantum information science
- National Science Foundation and White House Office of Science and Technology Policy initiate collaborative effort to develop critical resources for quantum education
- Curious about quantum science? Learn more Friday with Argonne Live!
- Chang-Beom Eom receives Vannevar Bush faculty fellowship to study new class of thin films