A new approach for using a quantum computer to realize a near-term “killer app” for the technology received first prize in the 2019 IBM Q Best Paper Award competition, the company announced. The paper was authored by UChicago and Argonne researchers on the Enabling Practical-Scale Quantum Computing (EPiQC) team and UChicago and CS graduate student Pranav Gokhale.
- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign and University of Chicago Lead Quantum Education Program
- Solving materials problems with a quantum computer
- U.S. Department of Energy Unveils Blueprint for the Quantum Internet
- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, UW-Madison, UChicago to partner in $25M NSF quantum information institute
- Perspectives: chemistry and quantum information science