The fellowship, awarded to early-career scientists from across the U.S., provides $875,000 of funding over five years. Kolkowitz will use the funds to develop his research program in ultra-precise atomic clocks, which he will use to investigate such fundamental aspects of physics as the relationship between quantum mechanics and gravity and the nature of dark matter.
- Startup QDIR uses quantum dots for infrared detectors
- Argonne receives two awards from DARPA for quantum information science
- National Science Foundation and White House Office of Science and Technology Policy initiate collaborative effort to develop critical resources for quantum education
- Curious about quantum science? Learn more Friday with Argonne Live!
- Chang-Beom Eom receives Vannevar Bush faculty fellowship to study new class of thin films