The quantum network, supported by the U.S. Department of Energy, will stretch between the DOE’s Argonne National Laboratory and Fermi National Accelerator Laboratory—a connection that is expected to be among the longest in the world to send secure information using quantum physics. The experiment will “teleport” information across a 30-mile distance, as particles change their quantum states instantaneously rather than traveling between two points.
- Creating the first quantum internet – Axios
- Scientists are getting serious about quantum internet – Gizmodo
- The U.S. is finally getting a hacker-proof quantum network that people can use – MIT Technology Review
- Quantum at the University of Chicago – WBEZ 91.5 FM Chicago
- New research is using quantum physics for safe unhacked data ‘teleporting’ –Interesting Engineering
- U.S. national labs team up to build quantum network – IEEE Spectrum